How it all started...
Chartered in 1870, ten individuals, along with their families formed the the Independent Church of God of Fleetwood in Fleetwood and met in the little brick church on North Richmond Street (brick building left of the parsonage; image to the right, 1895). The small group of believers continued to meet and in 1929 merged with the Missionary Church Association to form the Fleetwood Missionary Church. By 1968 a new building would be constructed and connected by a portico to accommodate the growing congregation. In 1993 the name of this small congregation changed once again to Fleetwood Bible Church and, in 1997, land along Route 662 was purchased for a future facility. This humble group of believers had God-sized dreams and in 2000, broke ground on the facility at 2847 Moselem Springs Road, Fleetwood where this congregation continues on mission to share the gospel far and wide. Those from all walks of life are welcome as they have been for the last 150 years!
To increase love for God and neighbor by making disciples of Christ.
Transforming lives that transform the world.
Where we are headed...
Our mission and vision statements are interdependent. We believe one leads to the other and is the natural byproduct of a life lived for Jesus. We believe God has divinely placed each one of together for His purpose according to His plan and His timing. There is work to be done and that involves all Christ followers. We are devoted to the mission of sharing Christ to the community around us (wherever that may be) and to loving others and walking along with each other as Jesus did to the goal of "transforming lives that transform the world." We want to "start something that never ends" by shining the light of Christ and spreading that light throughout our neighborhoods, workplaces, and schools to the glory of God and for His kingdom!
Be a part of our story...
Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 8:00 & 10:30am (Masks Optional)