God’s Plan for Your Soul
Who are you?
What is your soul, you ask? Why—it’s you. Your mind, memories, personality, all that makes you, you—a unique, individual creation of God, apart from your body, is your soul.
The Creator of the Universe, your Creator, has a plan for your soul—and it is His will that you understand it and respond to it.
Who is God?
When we talk about God, it’s important that we understand one of His most important attributes—holiness.
- God is absolutely holy. There is not one shred of sin in Him. In fact, He cannot bear to have sin in His presence.
- Mankind—you and me—on the other hand, are completely unholyand unfit for communion or companionship with a holy God unless He changes us. (We’ll talk about that momentarily).
How do we learn about God?
The Holy Bible, God’s only written record in which He reveals Himself to man, is our sole authority for what God has to say about holiness or any other subject. Here is what God says about a man (or woman) who is unchanged by God:
As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.” (Romans 3:10-12)
This is how God sees an unchanged soul: worthless and no good for anything. Why?
- Because sin has corrupted our relationship with a holy God.
- Everyone sins—it started with our first human parents sinning in the Garden of Eden and has been inherited by every generation since that time.
- We are born into sin. It’s our nature—we cannot help it unless God changes us.
The Bible addresses three aspects of sin that we need to pay attention to:
- The reality and universality of sin
- The consequences of sin
- The remedy for sin
The Bible states:
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
What is the remedy for sin?
There is only one remedy for sin—a gift from God who is fully God Himself, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father. The remedy is free to us. We don’t have to work to get it; we don’t have to try to be “good” enough.
There is no heavenly balance scale that will measure our good works against our bad works to see if we merit heaven. We can’t pay God back for what He has already done, it is a free gift. What did the Father do through His Son Jesus Christ? The Bible states:
God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
Jesus laid it all on the altar for us. Jesus has always existed with the Father in heaven. At some point in time, at the request of His Father, Jesus laid aside His glory, His beauty, and His Throne, taking on the flesh of His own creation in the form of a little human baby—for you.
- He led a hard, homeless life—for you.
- He endured long, cold, sleepless nights—praying for you.
- He took the insults, slanders, spitting, lies and rough treatment of his own people—for you.
- He endured a crown of thorns which ripped apart his scalp—for you.
- He endured a vicious form of Roman torture that usually killed its victims—flogging—for you.
- He wore a royal robe of shame put around His bleeding shoulders by His cruel Roman torturers—for you.
- He cried from the pain of separation from His Father Who could not bear the sight of His Son being corrupted with the sins of all mankind for all time—for you.
- He suffered the cruel agony of the Cross which killed Him—for you.
What does “born again” mean for you?
This is the truth of what Jesus Christ did for you and me when He gave Himself to die for us on the cross. Accepting this truth is what the Bible calls being “born again”—being born of the Holy Spirit of God Who tells you in your very soul the truth about Jesus Christ. To be accepted by the Father and to gain entrance into Heaven requires that you accept this truth. The Bible tells us:
Jesus replied, “Truly, truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” (John 3:3)
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
What is the path to heaven?
The path to Heaven is narrow—it is the width of Jesus’ shoulders on which were laid the sins of all mankind, but it is a sure and certain path to everlasting life. Believing truth is not complicated—it is simple. The Bible says:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved…for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”(NIV)
You can be saved now to spend eternity with God!
- Simply speak the truth—and believe it in your heart—that Jesus is indeed Who He says He is and that God the Father literally raised Him from death, and you will spend eternity with Him in Heaven when you pass from this earth.
- This is the most important decision you will make have in your life. Will you accept the Father’s free gift of His Son’s life in exchange for eternal life with Him in Heaven? The time for decision is now. The Bible says:
“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”(Mark 1:15)
Are you ready to be saved?
Are you ready? Can you pray this prayer sincerely from your soul:
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
Once you are saved, you are God’s child.
If so, you are NOW A CHILD OF GOD AND SAVED TO BE WITH THE FATHER IN HEAVEN FOREVER WHEN YOU DIE. The Bible says:
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
Now that you are saved, what’s next?
Now what? Being saved is not an ending—it is a beginning of a new life in Jesus Christ that will bring you treasures you cannot now imagine.