“Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.”
Joyful Lives, Joyful Songs
The goal of the Music & Worship Ministry at Fleetwood Bible Church is to glorify God through our lives and our songs. Regardless of the music style we’re leading, our desire is to usher people into the presence of God during times of worship and celebration—and to do so with passion and excellence in order to help connect people to God in life-changing ways.
- Our 8:00 a.m. Sunday worship service is traditional in style. We sing the classic hymns out of the hymnbook with a piano, organ, and sometimes other orchestral instruments.
- Our 10:30 a.m. Sunday worship service is contemporary in style. We sing the newer “praise and worship” songs projected on the screens with a full band, while occasionally singing hymns, too.
Music & Worship Ministry Values
The Music & Worship Ministry is guided by several important values:
- Musical Excellence: God loves and deserves our best in worship (Malachi 1:6-9), even if our “best” may look and sound different from person to person. Like every congregation, Fleetwood Bible Church has 5-talent, 2-talent, and 1-talent musicians (cf. Matthew 25:14-30), but all of us strive for excellence with the talents we’ve been given.
- Spirit Anointing: Worship times must be Spirit-led and Spirit-sensitive. Avoiding mere performance, our worship leaders seek first to be worshippers themselves, even as they urge people into an encounter with the living God. When that happens, our hearts are better prepared to hear and respond to God’s Word.
- Shared Leadership: Using multiple leaders and musicians in worship enhances freshness and multiplication. Developing more instrumentalists and vocalists is essential for long-term sustainability of effective worship. We continually find ways to incorporate new members, and in doing so, we develop greater depth in our musical teams.
- Multiple Generations: We desire to involve all ages and generations in our worship services and music ensembles. We understand that different people prefer different music styles, and we try to accommodate those preferences to a point. Because we’re a family, each of us must look “to the interests of others,” even in worship (Philippians 2:4). Our desire is to see all the generations worshiping Christ in Spirit and in truth (John 4:24).
- Sanctified Creativity: Scripture invites us to “sing to him a new song” (Psalm 33:3). That’s an invitation for each generation to find new and creative expressions to praise our unchanging God. While respecting and enjoying our musical heritage, freshness and creativity in worship enable us to push the mission forward and more effectively tell the greatest story ever told—the story of Jesus and his love!
Opportunities to Share Your Musical Gifts
- Instrumentalists, Hymn Leaders, and Songwriters
- Choirs, Praise Teams, Vocal Solos, and Musical Ensembles
- Cantatas, Scripture Dramas, and Seasonal Worship
- Musical Discipleship and Proficiency Instruction
- Music Library Organization, New Song Research, and Schedule Development
- Cultivation and Release of “Musicianaries” for Kingdom Service